One thing you should always remember when going for a haircut or when styling your hair is to remember your face type.
Each face type has certain haircuts then one should opt for and one that they should steer clear of!
Once you consider your face type, half of your work is already done and well, to make the other half easier, we are here to assist you! In today’s blog, we’ll be covering the best men’s hairstyles- round face edition!
Before we move further, we’d like to give you clarity as to why we say that different face types require different haircuts.
Characteristics Of Round Face
We’re discussing mens hairstyle for round face and so we’ll uncover some common characteristics of men with round faces.
Men with round faces usually have some crucial distinguishable characteristics, these are inclusive of full cheekbones and a rounded jaw. More often we also see the face being more or less equal in width and height.
Though this face type makes for some flattering looks and styles yet when it comes to men’s hairstyle- round face, we’re afraid to admit it’s not that easy of a task.
We would like to reinstate it again that in no way having a round face is bad, it’s just that to come up with some uber-cool men’s hairstyle for round face, the task is a little more difficult than what is there for say an oval-shaped face.
However, as we said before we are here as your helping hands and to ensure that the next time you visit the barber or even style the hair yourself, we want to ensure that it’s a success.
We’ve pulled the perfect men’s hairstyle- round face guide for you along with some awesome styling tips. Scroll down below and explore the incredible styles.
Dos and Donts:
Before we tell you the hairstyles to go for, we’d like to cover what you should not do and what you should embrace when going for a men’s hairstyle- round face!
- Add volume but be careful that they don’t look bulky. We’re asking you to add volume to men’s hairstyle- round face because the added volume will help in adding dimensions to your face, this, in turn, will give you more angles that you can work with for styling your men’s hairstyle- round face.
- Avoid centre parts at all costs and stay wary of long hair that moves toward the temples. This is because these elements add to the width of your face- making it look more round then what it is and so are not suitable for men’s hairstyle for round face.
- Next thing that you shouldn’t experiment with undercuts. They are a big NO! They somehow accentuate the roundness and so we would advise you to not go for them when figuring out a men’s hairstyle for round face!
- The main idea that we are propagating is to go for hair that is shorter on the sides whereas longer hair on top. Like we mentioned before, the hair must have a good volume, here it’ll help with the men’s hairstyle for round face because you can style the top hair upwards.
One shortcut or formula that you can always trust is an extra length on the sides. Modify and experiment with this set all you want and get on a journey to get the most accurate men’s hairstyle- round face.
Now that we’ve covered the style tips, let’s move on to the awe-inspiring men’s hairstyle for round face that we’ve been going on about!
Mens Hairstyle For Round Face: The Suggestions
High Volume Haircut
As suggested by the name, this men’s hairstyle for round face involves having high volume hair and then you can apply it to many other styles.
If you feel that the vertical mens hairstyle for round face is not for you, then this is what you have to go for!
How stylish this men’s hairstyle- round face is thankfully not too dependent on the kind of haircut you opt for.
What we’d suggest is that since you’re going for volume, you should at least let the top hair by 2-3 inches.
However, the longer you leave it be, the more options you’ll have for styling this men’s hairstyle for round face and it’ll have more potential volume then if you leave it be!
Some hair tricks that you can opt for in this mens hairstyle for round face to get the max volume is-
- Style with a blowdryer, that’ll surely help in attaining more volume
- Remember to blow-dry your top hair in an upward direction
- Try using some gel before you blow-dry your hair for better results
- If you are against gel, then just dampen your hair a bit for this men’s hairstyle for round face
- Damp hair helps your hair move around more easily
- For a bit of a messy look, try tousling your hair before you blow-dry it
One of our favourite mens hairstyle for round face is the asymmetrical hairstyle.
This incredible mens hairstyle for round face helps add both dimensions and depth to your hair.
Other than that, this mens hairstyle for round face is also useful for creating a strong point of visual interest.
There is a myriad of asymmetrical cuts and styles that you can take a pick from but before you do so, we’d like to give you a better understanding of what is involved in this mens hairstyle for round face.
This men’s hairstyle for round face involves parting your hair from the centre, say about an inch or two, on either side.
This helps in de-emphasizing the roundness of your face and along with it, you go for shorter sides.
You can opt for either symmetric or asymmetric sides, our favourite is the symmetric one because of the on-point look that it provides.
This mens hairstyle for round face can be used for achieving the wild and stylish look or the minimal and classy look, the choice is completely up to what you fancy.
Listed below are a few hair tricks that you can opt for in this men’s hairstyle for round face to get the charming effect right are-
- Cut the top portion asymmetrically while leaving the back and sides for a normal or usual trim
- Use the hair products as per the intensity that you have chosen for the asymmetrical haircut
- For getting a toned down element to go for a little gel or pomade
- For an out and about look, make use of styling creams, waxes, and pastes.
- The hair products will allow this men’s hairstyle- round face to retain a simple and lively style while also not compromising on the finer details.
If you’re someone who is looking for an edgy look with a boyish charm then this is the way you need to go.
The spiky mens hairstyle for round face is an ideal way to add volume to your hair without it resembling a faux hawk men’s hairstyle for round face.
Spiky hair is the best way to grab attention, however, one thing we’ve realised is that they are not for everyone and contrary to the popular belief that they’re messy and a go-to option when you don’t have time, if you want to get the men’s hairstyle for round face right when it comes to spiky hair you just gotta be careful!
You might opt for styling your spikes any way you want, you can go for the tall or tousled spikes or the classic and popular messy spikes, just remember that before you make the decision and come to a conclusion your hair length are just the right for getting these awe-inspiring men’s hairstyle for round face right!
There are just a few pointers that you have to note for getting the mens hairstyle for round face right and these pointers are-
- For a dramatic look, that immediately makes you stand out from the crowd, go for a longer haircut
- For a subtle look, go for a comparatively much shorter haircut and in this case, try opting for the side parting look, there’s a big chance that you’ll like this men’s hairstyle- round face more with a side-parting.
- Use a hair product like a gel to ensure the hair stay in place
(Side note- This mens hairstyle for round face works best works for someone with straight or straightened hair)
- Ensure that while applying the product, you start with the centre and slowly move it towards the side by either using a fine comb or by running your fingers through your hair. This will work well for shorter hair
- However, for longer hair, you’d have to approach your hair in sections, you can make use of hair ties or clips for this purpose
- Work your way with one section at a time, begin with the roots and then slowly with ease move upwards
We hope you liked the styling tips and the hairstyles.
If you want to read more content about Men’s hairstyle then check this out: 7 Celeb-Inspired Men’s Hairstyles For Short Hair
If you found the blog helpful, then be sure to tell us all about it in the comments below!
Also, what is your favorite mens hairstyle for round face? Tell us in the comments below!