Where To Sell Jewellery?
This is one of the most searched terms by people (5400 searches in a month to be precise).
And this is one of the reasons why I’ve written this blog.
Another major reason is: out of all the messages and queries that we receive on Instagram, 30% of queries are related to jewellery selling.
A lot of people are actually asking us about where to sell jewellery online?
So, I thought why not write an informative blog on a topic that can actually help all those who want to sell jewellery online but don’t exactly know where to start.
If you too are struggling with the question, “where to sell Gold jewellery or artificial jewellery for that matter”, this blog is for you!
In this blog, I’ve listed 3 top marketplaces where you can sell jewellery online and make money.
But before you scroll down, check out these 2 tips that you must follow in order to set up a profitable seller account on any of the marketplaces.
Do Your Research: Do thorough research about the marketplace on which you want to sell jewellery online.
Make a list of top-performing brands and study them. Have a look at the type of merchandise they sell, their return/exchange policy, the way they have written their product content, and displayed pictures.
This will help you to optimize your listing according to the industry standard.
You should also research the payment cycle of a particular marketplace that is, how many days will it take to transfer the amount of a particular sale in your bank account.
Such factors may not seem important now but trust me, they should not be ignored (at any cost). Thorough marketplace research will make things easier for you.
Inventory Management: Inventory management is one of the most important (and difficult) aspects of selling jewellery online.
You should have a clear idea about your inventory management- the number of designs and their quantity, restocking, managing the damaged or defected products.
Trust me, if you’re not sorted inventory wise, it will only create problems for you.
Therefore, do your research work properly because it will help you to execute your plan smoothly.
Marketplaces To Sell Jewellery Online
Selling jewellery online on Amazon is one of the easiest yet effective ways to make money. Setting up a seller account on Amazon is undoubtedly a lengthy process but it’s worth all the efforts.
Here’s a detailed guide on how to sell jewellery online on Amazon!
The very first step includes selecting a plan for your listing. Amazon provides a number of plans such as
Select Your Plan First:
Individual plan: In this, you’ll have to pay $0.99 every time you sell an item (a jewellery piece such as a pair of earrings or a necklace).
Professional plan: You’ll have to pay $39.99 per month regardless of the number of items you sell in a month.
For both these plans, you also have to pay a referral fee for each sale.
What Is The Referral Fee?
It is a percentage of the total transaction and is different for different product categories.
Check out the referral fee for your category here:
Please Note: The pricing mentioned above is in reference to the US (The United States Of America). If you want to know about Indian prices , check here: Pricing For India
Reseller Or Brand? Make Your Pick
Resellers are those who resell the products that already exist. For example, instead of making your own jewellery, you can resell jewellery of any renowned brand. Just make sure you cater to all the formalities that are required to resell the jewellery of any brand. Don’t do anything illegal that might put you in trouble.
Brand owners are those who manufacture their own products or source the products from various vendors to sell under their own private labels.
Now that you know which type of seller you want to be, it’s time to create an account on Amazon.
Create Your Seller Account
In order to sell jewellery online on Amazon, you need to create an account on Amazon, you will need the following document
- Business email / Amazon account number
- Credit Card
- ID proof such as Adhar Card, License, etc
- Tax information
- Your contact number
- A bank account to which Amazon can transfer your earnings
Creating Your Listing
To sell jewellery online on Amazon, you’ll have to create a listing of your products first. The listing includes
- A product identifier, such as the barcodes to specify the exact item you’re selling. You can get your barcode directly from GS1
- SKU is the product ID. SKU is unique to each and every jewellery piece included in your listing. SKUs also help you to track your own inventory.
- Products details such as price, product condition, available quantity (how many pieces of a particular SKU are available), and shipping options for a particular product.
- Other product details such as Product name, description, height, length, weight, color, stone type, material type, and images
Okay, so the above-mentioned steps were all about how to create a listing on Amazon.
Optimizing Your Existing Listing
The most important aspect which everyone usually tends to ignore! Filling in keywords and search terms gives better visibility to your listing.
Keywords are basically the search terms used by the customers on Amazon to search for a particular product.
For instance, “golden earrings for women”, this is a keyword and if you put it in your listing it will help you to attract genuine customers.
Word Limit For Keywords
The backend keywords have to be less than 250 characters in Amazon US and less than 200 characters in India.
You can refer to various online tools for keyword research. One such tool is: Keyword Tool IO
Build Detailed Page For Your Listing
Make sure that you fill all the required information about your product. This includes
- Title: 200 characters max! Make sure that you capitalize the first letter of every word.
- Images: 500 x 500 or 1,000 x 1,000 pixels
- Variations: This includes information such as the height, length, weight, and color of your product.
- Description: Short, descriptive sentences highlighting key features as well as benefits of your product
- Offers: Offers such as discounted price, shipping options, etc.
Get Help From Amazon Experts
Amazon has an amazing network of qualified third-party service providers who will help you with everything you need in order to sell your jewellery successfully.
This will help you to sell jewellery online locally as well as globally on Amazon.
You can rely on Amazon for:
- For clicking pictures of your products
- Cataloging your products
- Managing your Amazon account which includes enhancing the quality of your listing’s content, adding images and videos for better sales, etc.
- Managing tax registration and filing your taxes
- Transporting your products to Amazon fulfillment centers
- Amazon’s third-party service providers will help you w*ith everything.
Number 2 on our list is ETSY!
Etsy is one of the easiest ways to sell jewellery online. Here’s how you can start selling jewellery on Etsy.
Pricing & Types Of Etsy Accounts:
Setting an account on Etsy is free however, they do charge you if you want to create a listing on their platform.
It costs $0.20 for the listing. Once an item sells, you’d also have to pay a 5% transaction fee on the sale price.
Etsy provides you with 2 types of accounts: Standard and Plus. While the former is free of cost, the latter one requires you to pay an additional fee of $10.
Plus account will help you to build a better account with boosted growth. A plus account also provides
- Customization of your shop: Customisable options include attractive banner templates and featured listing options that bring your products in the focus.
- Your own web address: Etsy gives you your own .com web address at 50% of the actual cost. You can also get your own .shop address for free
- Communicating with the Shoppers: With an Etsy plus account, you can send an email to the interested shoppers about the restocking of the most popular items.
- Credits: Etsy will give you 15 listing credits and $5 to advertise your items each month.
What Can You Sell On Etsy?
Unlike other marketplaces, Etsy is very picky when it comes to listing and selling items on its platform.
Etsy allows you to sell under 3 categories only!
- Handmade Products: This covers all the handmade products such as bags, handmade jewellery, etc
- Vintage Products: This category covers all the vintage products that are at least 20 years old.
- Craft Supplies: This category covers DIY products and craft supplies such as threads, buttons, boxes, etc. You can sell both handmade and non-handmade craft supplies in this category.
Unlike Amazon, Ebay’s policy of selling jewellery is brief. eBay is, in fact, the easiest way to earn money by selling jewellery online.
How To Sell Jewellery Online On eBay:
- Create an account on eBay and click on “List” to create a listing for your jewellery pieces. eBay offers a wide range of jewellery categories such as Children’s jewellery, Fashion jewellery, Engagement and wedding jewellery, loose beads, men’s jewellery, and so many other categories.
- Once you’ve picked your subcategory, click the continue button to complete your listing.
- Fill in all the required details such as Title, condition, and item specifics. In order to make your listing better, give as many details as you can.
- Add pictures of your jewellery items.
- Write a description of your jewellery item. Make sure to include packaging and shipping details in the description, along with any other information you think is necessary for a particular product. For example, if the jewellery piece has stones in it then you can write about the stones in the description. Details like this will optimize your listing.
- The next step involves setting the price for your item. You can either opt a fixed-price listing or an auction for your item. In the latter, you will have to mention the starting bid price for your item.
- Enter the payment information and shipping cost for your listing.
- Wait for your item to sell
You can edit your listing in case you want to change any specific detail. Just click on Edit your listing and make changes.
These were the top 3 marketplaces where you can sell jewellery online and make money.
In case you have confusion or want any kind of assistance, let us in the comments below!